Massage allows us the time to unwind, self sooth and heal
Psychological benefits can include:
- Relaxation which supports concentration and focus
- Sleep promotion associated with better cognitive functioning and mental well being
- Increases self-awareness
- Stress reduction
- A general sense of well being
- Physical Benefits
- Enhances immunity through stimulation of lymph flow
- Eases and reduces tension headaches and migraines
- Increases blood flow and improves circulation
- Supports flexibility of muscles and joints
- Promotes the body’s natural pain relief and healing via the release of endorphins
- Supports recovery from physical exercise
- Promotes tissue cell regeneration improving appearance of the skin including scar tissue
TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint), Face and Jaw Pain.
Common disorders affecting the TMJ include:
- Bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching)
- Repetitive or excess chewing
- Poor posture
- Ill-fitting Dentures or irregular bite
- Stress and Anxiety often leading to tension and excessive worry
- Even telephone use where the receiver is cradled between the chin and shoulder for lengthy periods
Symptoms could manifest in a number of ways such as:
- Pain and tenderness around the ear, face, neck, jaw shoulders and upper back
- Fractured, broken or worn teeth
- Sleep disturbances
- Difficulty swallowing, speaking and self-expression
- Headaches and migraines
- Frustration, lethargy and fatigue
Trigger Point Therapy
Trigger points can be found all over the body and are usually associated with pain or discomfort when palpated. The effect can be felt either directly in the muscle being pressed, or as referred soreness in other areas of the body.
In massage, the aim is to compress and stretch these trigger points to encourage added blood flow to the affected areas. This increase in blood flow helps to release toxins and bring more energy to the areas being treated, promoting healing.
Indian Head Massage
Practised in India for over 100 years, techniques were originally restricted to the head and hair to improve the scalp and hair condition. Indian head massage brings together the mind, body and spirit. Its primary focus is on re balancing the three major energy centres of the head – the crown, brow and throat. Modern interpretation and practice of this ancient treatment incorporates the scalp, face, neck, shoulders, upper back and arms using a range of massage techniques including gentle frictions and stretches on what are believed to be important energy points of the body. This also includes the hands and feet for added balance.
Indian Head massage can be a deeply relaxing experience that often brings a rewarding sense of calm. In addition to aiding to detoxify the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage, improving circulation which in turn increases energy levels, relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia. This is the perfect treatment if you are looking to be totally relaxed and stress free.
Undressing is optional for this treatment making it a great choice if you are on a tight schedule or feel self-conscious. You can either lay on the couch or sit on a chair. It can be performed with or without Oils.
Reiki is a non-religious, Japanese originated system for transporting universal life force energy. It is a completely safe and non-invasive treatment which is received fully clothed and only requires the placing of hands on the 16 traditional positions. It is suitable for children, older persons and women during pregnancy. It can also support individuals overcoming addictions including prescription medications.
Reiki is not a magic solution to life’s problems, however if you are open it can certainly help you to harness the balance, focus and healing that most of us desire. One of its five spiritual principles it to be compassionate to yourself and others. Simply allowing ourselves ‘time’ can be a difficult task, and learning to accept and forgive can bring huge emotional and physical shifts, including release. Whether you are transmitting energy to others or receiving it, each person’s relationship with Reiki is individual.
There is no right or wrong answer to your experience, only a unique journey.
Once a person is connected to the energy through Reiki, it cannot be ‘switched off’. This means that regardless of the treatment being performed, a degree of energy will be flowing through me. If you would prefer a full Reiki healing session, this can be arranged as a separate appointment.
Other details & Therapies
I am very pleased to be able to offer face and back facials. Much like my attitude towards massage, I believe in applying a variety of products and techniques to create a truly unique experience and treatment. With a focus on quality and effectiveness for you and your skin type, I use a range of professional UK and Hungarian beauty brands, as well as natural ingredients and aromatherapy oils. For further information, please ask.
- We use various mediums to emolliate the skin including oils, massage waxes and creams. In addition, you can choose from a range of pre blended aromatherapy oils to suit your requirements and senses. These will further enrich your experience.
- For the duration of your treatment you can choose a type of music or soundst o be played. From silence or classic relaxation to chilled dance, folk or rock ballads.
Your therapist for these treatments is Natalie Torpey.